One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See Comte, Auguste
- ‘If Comtism had spread the world would have been converted, not by the Comtist philosophy, but by the Comtist calendar.’
- ‘When we look deeper the metaphysics, or philosophy, is that of Augustus Comte and later Thomas Huxley who developed a non-conformist version of Comtism to deliberately undermine Christian faith.’
- ‘The morality of Comtism is inherited from Christianity, and without it would never have been.’
- ‘Previous publications have focused on such journals as the Cornhill, the Westminster Review, the Fortnightly Review, and St. Pauls’ Magazine, and have discussed a range of issues, including Trollope as writer/editor, gender and masculinity, and the discourse of Comtism.’
- ‘Thus, the grounds for the intellectual justification of socialism also varied considerably during this period, moving through Christianity, utilitarianism, evolutionary theory, natural rights theory, neo-classical economics, Comtism, Kantianism and Hegelianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.