One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the principles and use of computers.
- ‘Starting with grade seven, education in computer science takes a more formal approach.’
- ‘Is studying computer science the best way to prepare to be a programmer?’
- ‘It has yet to become a widely accepted core element of computer science or IT degree programs.’
- ‘But what rational student would study computer science when there are no jobs to be had?’
- ‘Machine translation is at the confluence of linguistics and computer science.’
- ‘To achieve this aim it draws on biology, biochemistry, engineering, mathematics and computer science.’
- ‘Mainly out of obligation to his parents, Neeson went to Queen's University in Belfast to study physics and computer science.’
- ‘I am probably one of the few people in the House with a degree in computer science and information technology.’
- ‘She will be graduating in May of 2005 with a major in computer science and a minor in mathematics.’
- ‘Turing's legacy as one of the founders of computer science cannot be overestimated.’
- ‘Born in Beijing, Weng studied computer science at the University of Texas.’
- ‘After only six months, Chen was able to grasp the core technologies of electronics and computer science.’
- ‘Zhuang studied computer science at college for two years, but never had any real interest in the subject.’
- ‘The facility will investigate computer science and the social context of technology.’
- ‘He did the same to get his master's degree in computer science from James Madison University.’
- ‘He is going to five different colleges, trying to convince kids to study computer science.’
- ‘He was an electrical engineering student but emerged with a degree in computer science instead.’
- ‘Now there are more than 50 subjects available, including dance, gender studies and computer science.’
- ‘The moral of the story is that computer science is not the same as software development.’
- ‘Adleman realized that the genetic code can be used, just like the binary code of computer science, to encode mathematical problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.