Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who writes programs for the operation of computers, especially as an occupation.
- ‘My husband is a computer programmer and uses Linux a lot.’
- ‘A hacker could be a computer programmer, a writer, or a singer, to name but three examples.’
- ‘A computer programmer wants to program computers.’
- ‘Throughout my 20s I was a computer programmer writing software for IBM mainframes.’
- ‘The computer programmer's slide rule says that 5x8 pixels is the smallest you can make a character.’
computer programmer/kəmˈpyo͞odər ˈˌprōˌɡramər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.