One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who writes programs for the operation of computers, especially as an occupation.
- ‘The computer programmer's slide rule says that 5x8 pixels is the smallest you can make a character.’
- ‘A hacker could be a computer programmer, a writer, or a singer, to name but three examples.’
- ‘My husband is a computer programmer and uses Linux a lot.’
- ‘Throughout my 20s I was a computer programmer writing software for IBM mainframes.’
- ‘A computer programmer wants to program computers.’
computer programmer/kəmˈpyo͞odər ˈˌprōˌɡramər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.