One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Suitable for use with computers; compatible with computers.‘present the data in computer-friendly form’
- ‘Nuclear is the biggest producer of office furniture in South Africa and focuses specifically on open-plan and computer-friendly furniture.’
- ‘The computer-friendly thing to do is leave a note at the front that says, ‘please do a global search and replace and fix it’.’
- ‘In your case, however, the files contained on your MP3 disc are stored in a computer-friendly, standardized ‘data CD format’ and do not require specialized ripping software.’
2(of a person) well disposed toward computers.‘a computer-friendly politician’
- ‘I'm not computer-friendly - I don't even own one.’
- ‘In this fashion, I suspect sedentary, computer-friendly Canada has become a nation of cold-blooded snipers now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.