Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Suitable for use with computers; compatible with computers.‘present the data in computer-friendly form’
- ‘In your case, however, the files contained on your MP3 disc are stored in a computer-friendly, standardized ‘data CD format’ and do not require specialized ripping software.’
- ‘Nuclear is the biggest producer of office furniture in South Africa and focuses specifically on open-plan and computer-friendly furniture.’
- ‘The computer-friendly thing to do is leave a note at the front that says, ‘please do a global search and replace and fix it’.’
2(of a person) well disposed toward computers.‘a computer-friendly politician’
- ‘In this fashion, I suspect sedentary, computer-friendly Canada has become a nation of cold-blooded snipers now.’
- ‘I'm not computer-friendly - I don't even own one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.