One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The downward flexion gait increases the compressive force at the knee joint.’
- ‘This concrete plug is un-reinforced and incorporates a taper to ensure compressive stress over the entire rock/concrete contact area.’
- ‘The leg wounds were closed as soon as possible before the reversal of anticoagulation, without drainage, and were wrapped with a compressive bandage.’
- ‘The anomalously high compressive pressure dynamically supports the high topography above in flexural isostatic equilibrium with the hot, low-density region below.’
- ‘These palsies generally are caused by the secretion of neurotoxins or the compressive effect of the destructive process through the relevant foramina.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.