One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The leg wounds were closed as soon as possible before the reversal of anticoagulation, without drainage, and were wrapped with a compressive bandage.’
- ‘These palsies generally are caused by the secretion of neurotoxins or the compressive effect of the destructive process through the relevant foramina.’
- ‘The downward flexion gait increases the compressive force at the knee joint.’
- ‘The anomalously high compressive pressure dynamically supports the high topography above in flexural isostatic equilibrium with the hot, low-density region below.’
- ‘This concrete plug is un-reinforced and incorporates a taper to ensure compressive stress over the entire rock/concrete contact area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.