One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, the main disadvantage is that air, being highly compressible, takes up the majority of the space in the tanks.’
- ‘Both malleable and compressible, easy to cut and drip-free, it is heated by electromagnetic induction to bring its polymerization time to 90 minutes.’
- ‘Non-biological stromatolite-like structures are more random, less patterned and therefore less compressible.’
- ‘At the end of this pregnancy period, the egg is laid fairly painlessly, thanks to the spongy and slightly compressible shell.’
- ‘The lightweight construction means the jacket is highly compressible - so it won't bloat your style when the weather clears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.