One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The value of RT as an intervention for poor comprehenders has been documented in many sources.’
- ‘Research indicates that skilled comprehenders organize text into phrase-like units.’
- ‘Good second-language comprehenders do not read mechanically but utilize top-down processing strategies, even when they demonstrate equal levels of L2 language proficiency as less successful comprehenders.’
- ‘According to Wise, language ‘comprehension… demands some theory of mind, for a language comprehender must assume the perspective of a language producer in order to understand what he is telling her.’’
- ‘Thus uttering ‘uh’ is certainly a choice on the part of the speaker, and it also has communicative consequences, but it need not be a choice with the comprehender's needs in mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.