One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photograph made by overlapping or juxtaposing two or more separate images.
- ‘After speaking to a number of witnesses, detectives have put together a composite photograph of a man who was using his mobile phone outside the shop and asked a customer what time the store closed.’
- ‘The Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco, has published an accordion volume that shows in a single long composite photograph books and pictures by others that Arbus kept on her shelves.’
- ‘The title, supplemented by the list of three materials, is also that of a 1969 composite photograph Le Va made from images he shot of the Walker piece.’
- ‘In other words, it will not be a composite of a real person, as in Galton's composite photographs.’
- ‘Another effective technique is to create a composite photograph and computer image.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.