One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photograph made by overlapping or juxtaposing two or more separate images.
- ‘The title, supplemented by the list of three materials, is also that of a 1969 composite photograph Le Va made from images he shot of the Walker piece.’
- ‘After speaking to a number of witnesses, detectives have put together a composite photograph of a man who was using his mobile phone outside the shop and asked a customer what time the store closed.’
- ‘Another effective technique is to create a composite photograph and computer image.’
- ‘In other words, it will not be a composite of a real person, as in Galton's composite photographs.’
- ‘The Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco, has published an accordion volume that shows in a single long composite photograph books and pictures by others that Arbus kept on her shelves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.