One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The analysis of the meaning of an expression into discrete semantic components.
- ‘A third goal of the present study is to apply a componential analysis separating these two factors.’
- ‘The process of breaking words down into semantemes is known as componential analysis and has been most often used to analyze kinship terms across languages.’
- ‘Thus, in transformational-generative grammar, the semantic component is entirely stated in terms of sense or semantic components, as described above in terms of componential analysis.’
- ‘The second section presents two examples of componential analysis involving the family kinship system and color.’
- ‘The study explores new directions into which componential analysis of meaning can be developed, particularly from the perspective of cognitive linguistics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.