One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which one pitcher pitches all innings without relief.
- ‘Phil, who four times led the league in complete games and innings pitched, lost 274 games.’
- ‘The rise of the relief specialist and the switch from a four-man to a five-man rotation are the two biggest factors in this trend, which results in fewer complete games and fewer innings pitched among starters.’
- ‘Bert led the league that season in innings pitched, complete games, shutouts, and strikeouts.’
- ‘He's one of the game's most durable pitchers, leading the majors in complete games and innings pitched.’
- ‘He led the Dodgers in complete games, innings pitched, victories, and ERA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.