One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A test for infection with a microorganism which involves measuring the amount of complement available in serum to bind with an antibody–antigen complex.
- ‘Other methods like immunoelectroosmophoresis and modified complement fixation test were developed, but they lacked sensitivity.’
- ‘The diagnosis is confirmed by haemagglutination and complement fixation tests.’
- ‘Using a complement fixation test with an antigen derived from a freshly cultured strain of unencapsulated H influenzae, an investigation of 74 patients with chronic bronchitis showed no change in antibody levels during exacerbations.’
- ‘Influenza A and B antibodies were measured using the complement fixation test.’
- ‘Detection of dengue IgM antibodies is an easier method of diagnosing DF as compared to other classical serological methods like haemagglutination inhibition, neutralization and complement fixation tests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.