One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition or circumstance that puts a company in a favorable or superior business position.‘expansion is vital to maintaining a competitive advantage’
- ‘If you become complacent, the industry will pass you by and you will lose your competitive advantage.’
- ‘Bangladesh's competitive advantage in the Jute sector is the fact that jute production is very much labor intensive.’
- ‘How do countries and their firms and industries develop and maintain their distinct competitive advantages?’
- ‘Its recent £2 million investment in the latest printing technology gives the factory a further competitive advantage.’
- ‘Over the years, Mother Nature's benevolence was a boon to Florida growers, giving them the competitive advantage over cold-weather spud growers.’
- ‘Hiring and retaining good people is increasingly a business's competitive advantage.’
- ‘National culture may also help to create particular competitive advantages.’
- ‘Furthermore, the lost time may result in a competitive advantage for rivals.’
- ‘Offering technical expertise just gives the ingredient supplier one more competitive advantage.’
- ‘Specific industries or companies may have the competitive advantages to be successful in specialist markets.’
- ‘Being a low-cost producer is a competitive advantage that is essential to survival in the dairy business.’
- ‘Giving away wireless broadband saves on billing costs, attracts customers, and creates an instant competitive advantage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.