(of a witness) able to be made to attend court or testify.
- ‘Moreover, his co-accused was not a compellable witness.’
- ‘At the date of the appellant's trial he was a compellable witness for the defence and there is no reason to believe he was unavailable.’
- ‘He does not wish to attend court in England and is not a compellable witness.’
- ‘The expert is a compellable witness in such a hearing.’
- ‘There was no other way of eliciting this evidence because the maker of the statements was not a compellable witness for the co-defendant.’