One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition resulting from increased pressure within a confined body space, especially of the leg or forearm.
- ‘Loss of sensation may be the first sign of a developing compartment syndrome.’
- ‘Common causes of shin pain include stress fractures, compartment syndrome, chronic muscle strain, or any irritation of the nerve or blood vessels of the lower leg.’
- ‘The diagnosis of ' compartment syndrome ' was wrong.’
- ‘The mainstay of treatment for chronic exertional compartment syndrome has been surgery.’
- ‘There have been many recent proposals of new diagnostic techniques for chronic exertional compartment syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.