Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A condition resulting from increased pressure within a confined body space, especially of the leg or forearm.
- ‘Common causes of shin pain include stress fractures, compartment syndrome, chronic muscle strain, or any irritation of the nerve or blood vessels of the lower leg.’
- ‘There have been many recent proposals of new diagnostic techniques for chronic exertional compartment syndrome.’
- ‘Loss of sensation may be the first sign of a developing compartment syndrome.’
- ‘The mainstay of treatment for chronic exertional compartment syndrome has been surgery.’
- ‘The diagnosis of ' compartment syndrome ' was wrong.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.