Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice of comparing the price of products or services from different vendors before buying.
- ‘Feel free to tell the dealer that you are comparison shopping, just don't reveal any quotes you've received.’
- ‘There are partial solutions being implemented that automate rate tables for a single carrier or allow limited comparison shopping for a few basic services.’
- ‘The general feeling now is that shows are more for comparison shopping than signing deals.’
- ‘Comparison shopping has its moments of minor euphoria.’
- ‘The customers start using that benefits list for comparison shopping.’
- ‘The consortium estimates the average household could save about $1,000 a year by comparison shopping.’
- ‘During the last shopping trip to my local grocery store, I did some comparison shopping with a few more commonly purchased items.’
- ‘Many people who visit travel sites are just comparison shopping.’
- ‘Maybe Jacob should have done some comparison shopping or checked out Consumer Reports first.’
- ‘For conventional refinances, be sure to do comparison shopping among lenders to find the best terms.’
- ‘The 2,800-square-meter emporium houses 25 marques under one roof, making comparison shopping - normally a tedious process - a snap.’
- ‘This makes comparison shopping (comparing prices on similar items at different stores) easy.’
- ‘Ten years later, Stuart reported on his own comparison shopping.’
- ‘I tend to do plenty of research before making purchases, and do comparison shopping most of the time.’
- ‘He adds: "The Internet added comparison shopping to the mix."’
- ‘Olson says investors buying individual bonds should do a little comparison shopping.’
- ‘You can also do some comparison shopping for used air compressors at auction sites like eBay.’
- ‘Once you have these little details in mind, then you can start your comparison shopping.’
- ‘Comparison shopping on the Internet can be helpful, especially for those who look for Canadian pharmacy sites.’
- ‘Similarly, the exchange for comparison shopping is really a non-factor barely worth mentioning.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.