One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car provided by a company for the business and sometimes private use of an employee.
- ‘So, for example, if you receive any benefits in kind from your employer, such as a company car or medical insurance, this should be listed.’
- ‘But whether that would be enough to persuade me to pick it as my company car is difficult to say.’
- ‘Although I did not get the performance I was expecting, it is still an excellent car and one I would be proud to have as a company car.’
- ‘Well, if you drive a company car you don't have to worry about insurance, road tax, servicing or repairs and maintenance.’
- ‘But he may trade in his Piaggio moped for a company car if he passes his driving test later this year.’
- ‘The taxation levied on employees with a company car is based on the full list price of the vehicle.’
- ‘The company car, once the ultimate perk for business executives, could soon be heading for the scrapyard.’
- ‘Oh yes, it was the very stuff of life to have a company car in those days.’
- ‘Driving a company car (not by my choice) is also an expensive item taxwise.’
- ‘If I was offered the chance to have this as my company car I would be very happy indeed.’
- ‘If you must have a car, take your company car as part of your payoff.’
- ‘Similarly nothing can be awarded where a company car was to be used only for business purposes.’
- ‘I had a company car at the time and one of the headlights was less bright than the other one.’
- ‘It seems that employers may have to add career coaching to the employment package in the same way as the company car, share options and health package.’
- ‘Mr Bennett said the victim was more than £35,000 out of pocket as a result of the loss as the car was a company car for his own business.’
- ‘The new pay system includes a controversial plan to ask managers to accept a car allowance instead of a company car.’
- ‘Rumours of the end of the company car, following a change in the personal tax regime, seemed greatly exaggerated.’
- ‘This will help both you and your drivers manage their fuel bills and make sure that both employer and employee got the most from their company car.’
- ‘He had his own sports car, a company car, a runabout car and another one, presumably for times when the other three were not available.’
- ‘If you get a company car which includes all petrol paid on both business and private mileage plus all running costs you pay fairly hefty taxes on this perk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.