One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pet or other domestic animal.
- ‘However, it made me feel guilty about not spending quality time with my companion animal.’
- ‘Anyone who has had a companion animal or stared into the eyes of a horse or cow in a petting zoo knows - deep down - that animals have souls just like humans do.’
- ‘Tess is good on the lead and we believe she would make an ideal companion animal as she is friendly, small and has had some training.’
- ‘Is your companion animal really not worth that extra 20 cents a can?’
- ‘Therefore, if a companion animal can function to enhance the parasympathetic nervous system response, interacting with a companion animal may produce desirable effects of decreased heart rate and blood pressure.’
- ‘A judge will be able to sentence an abuser to as many as five years in prison, as well as to a $10,000 fine and to prohibit an abuser from ever again adopting a companion animal.’
- ‘I was having a think about stress management last night, and found myself reflecting that what I could really do with right now is a companion animal.’
- ‘They also have a companion animal, in this case a bird, that stays on the back of them and eats small insects that inhabit the rhino's leathery hide.’
- ‘Robbie has been neutered, fully vaccinated and microchipped and would make a wonderful companion animal as he is so loving and friendly.’
- ‘If you are considering obtaining a companion animal this year, for yourself or someone else, don't forget the shelters.’
- ‘As lame as it seems to admit it, I couldn't feel empathy for performers who put enough care into a joke about burning down a stranger's house to include the killing of a companion animal.’
- ‘Rabbits are probably even better than cats as pets, being more easily socialised than the aloof felines, making for a loving companion animal.’
- ‘We made them what they are through millennia of selective breeding until they became the perfect companion animal - loyal, loving, devoted.’
- ‘And, at the very least, anyone who must give up a companion animal should be responsible about finding a good home for the pet.’
- ‘Who will be responsible for the companion animal's primary care (daily feeding, fresh water, exercise, etc.)?’
- ‘The average life span for a Greyhound raised as a companion animal is 13 years.’
- ‘Many experiences prove that a companion animal belonging to a classroom or a primary school creates strong bonds among members of the class.’
- ‘I want a sweetheart, friends and a companion animal.’
- ‘Police speculate that the animal may have escaped from some property where the owner kept it as a companion animal.’
- ‘Failing this, the Home is looking for a mature family to adopt Jodie as we feel she would make an ideal companion animal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.