One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who travels some distance to work on a regular basis.‘the company provides showers and lockers for bicycle commuters’
daily traveller, traveller, passengerView synonyms
- ‘One Marlborough women commuter who travels to London daily said she had used Swindon station instead.’
- ‘More early morning rain and mist is also on the way for commuters as they travel to work the following morning.’
- ‘What the metro will do is reduce the travel time by at least half for most commuters.’
- ‘I have to learn from the thousands of commuters who travel a long way to work every day.’
- ‘Traffic started to build up in the city at around 6am, with thousands of commuters late for work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.