One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ticket issued at a reduced rate by a railroad or bus company, entitling the holder to travel a given route a fixed number of times or during a specified period.
- ‘Applications for student commutation tickets, obtainable at some railroad offices, should be submitted to the Records Office for authorization.’
- ‘Credits/refunds of commutation tickets are based on the value of the used tickets calculated using the cost of one-way tickets, and are not made on a monthly pro-rata basis.’
- ‘Join our Mail & Ride program to receive your monthly commutation ticket automatically by mail.’
- ‘Ten trip commutation ticket and monthly Saver Fare passes will also be available to Jersey City.’
- ‘The adult commutation tickets are only available on buses where the number is under 600.’
- ‘In like manner the commuter has his commutation ticket punched at the entering station and vised by the ticket chopper at the leaving station.’
- ‘Fares and on-train penalties paid in the absence of two-trip or commutation tickets will not be credited or refunded.’
- ‘You may be interested in a commutation ticket available from the driver’
- ‘Only monthly and quarterly commutation tickets with respective ID card and commutation ticket are valid.’
- ‘If your homebound journey is covered by your updated commutation ticket you are requested to use your pass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.