One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause (a country, people, or economic activity) to be organized on the principles of communism.
- ‘His attempts to communize the growing and distribution of grain, as history grimly tells us, resulted in the starvation of millions of people.’
- ‘As long as the country is dreaming of communizing the entire peninsula, sanctions of any kind would not work well.’
- ‘Whatever else happens, we must not stick to the ideas of communizing the South or absorbing the North.’
- ‘The Soviet Union communized the region after World War II, and it has adopted liberal democracy in the last decade, at least in principle.’
- ‘In the immediate postwar period, under Tito's leadership, Yugoslavia became the most communized country of Eastern Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.