Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The coordination of cooperative efforts and campaigning carried out by local residents to promote the interests of their community.‘public school parents are now empowered to transform their child's failing school through community organizing’
- ‘Attendees at an Iowa community organizing group's statewide conference will hear from a noted labor leader this afternoon and hold a protest to cap off the event.’
- ‘Volunteers are the backbone of charities, advocacy groups, community organizing efforts, educational and health facilities.’
- ‘He threw himself into community organizing to stay occupied, he said.’
- ‘What do zoning laws, progressive teachers unions and community organizing all have in common?’
- ‘Some were unions; some were community-organizing groups; and some were coalitions of faith communities.’
- ‘The trainers are young leaders currently working in community organizing, labor, and nonprofit organizations.’
- ‘He earns money by working for a friend's moving company and by doing freelance community organizing.’
- ‘We do believe in peaceful and nonviolent protest as well as community organizing and education as a way to raise up our issues.’
- ‘"It's a testament to grassroots organizations and community organizing that the movement has grown."’
- ‘He's already helping build a blueprint for community organizing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.