One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The coordination of cooperative efforts and campaigning carried out by local residents to promote the interests of their community.‘public school parents are now empowered to transform their child's failing school through community organizing’
- ‘Some were unions; some were community-organizing groups; and some were coalitions of faith communities.’
- ‘Attendees at an Iowa community organizing group's statewide conference will hear from a noted labor leader this afternoon and hold a protest to cap off the event.’
- ‘He's already helping build a blueprint for community organizing.’
- ‘What do zoning laws, progressive teachers unions and community organizing all have in common?’
- ‘We do believe in peaceful and nonviolent protest as well as community organizing and education as a way to raise up our issues.’
- ‘"It's a testament to grassroots organizations and community organizing that the movement has grown."’
- ‘He threw himself into community organizing to stay occupied, he said.’
- ‘Volunteers are the backbone of charities, advocacy groups, community organizing efforts, educational and health facilities.’
- ‘The trainers are young leaders currently working in community organizing, labor, and nonprofit organizations.’
- ‘He earns money by working for a friend's moving company and by doing freelance community organizing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.