One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nonresidential junior college offering courses to people living in a particular area.
- ‘Clearly, the table indicates that open admissions continues to be a central function of the community college.’
- ‘Chloe would be attending university in the fall, and Liam would be going to El Camino, a community college in the area.’
- ‘He's in high school, and he also attends part-time at a community college.’
- ‘She began at the local community college, where, after nine years she earned an associate's degree.’
- ‘An accounting professor at a Minnesota community college has her students study the federal budget.’
- ‘At a nearby community college, a similar system has made interim reporting of grades a requirement.’
- ‘Many students arrive at the community college lacking basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.’
- ‘When I started at the community college, it was for art classes only.’
- ‘I finished at a community college, focusing on computer programming, and am now working for a reasonable income.’
- ‘I continued taking classes at the community college in the county where we lived.’
- ‘Also, when I first got out of high school, I went to a community college.’
- ‘He's now a student at a community college in Sacramento, California, where he's studying journalism.’
- ‘Patricia is an English instructor at a small community college.’
- ‘More women were entering Oregon State University while men were more likely to attend a community college and then transfer.’
- ‘The implementation of certificate programs in the comprehensive community college was reviewed for this paper.’
- ‘Staff members in the programs described have been educated in disability issues and how they might be addressed in a community college.’
- ‘At the community college, all that was needed was for her to take their placement test.’
- ‘Another college studied was a large urban community college, with five campuses in two Florida counties.’
- ‘While taking classes at the community college Norma felt she received ‘great’ support.’
- ‘Besides her job as a ward secretary at the hospital, she was studying for her nursing degree at a local community college.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.