One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See common sense
- ‘These changes are practical and commonsensical and I hope they will prevent cases of serious error.’
- ‘Now she was perfectly sensible and commonsensical.’
- ‘And we all ought to go about our business in a commonsensical, calm way, and not in any way be distracted by scare stories or horror stories or headlines.’
- ‘It is of course commonsensical to film all three at one go - gathering together the cast for separate shoots would be impractical.’
- ‘In general, the American public seems to apply a fairly reasonable, commonsensical standard of benefit and cost when evaluating foreign affairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.