One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A noun denoting a class of objects or a concept as opposed to a particular individual.Often contrasted with proper noun
- ‘One project in the Centre focused on how children distinguish between proper names and common nouns.’
- ‘It is a common mistake to capitalise a common noun that is an important word in a sentence.’
- ‘All other nouns begin with small letters and are common nouns.’
- ‘Making a common noun plural usually means adding an s or changing the ending of the original word.’
- ‘Tell students that common nouns are not capitalized and proper nouns are capitalized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.