One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something known by most people.
- ‘Shortly after the incident became common knowledge at the program, she ran away.’
- ‘It was common knowledge among the staff that Emma had an insane crush on Ben.’
- ‘These facts are common knowledge among Canadians from coast to coast to coast.’
- ‘This is hardly a revelation - his name is on the House of Commons website and his job common knowledge.’
- ‘This would create the impression that the lie was in fact common knowledge across the state.’
- ‘Contrary to common knowledge Bruce is actually a very nice and accommodating rock star!’
- ‘It's not the place of this blog to reveal aspects about the lives of current, former or old friends that they may not wish to be common knowledge.’
- ‘Broccoli and almonds are chock full of calcium, but this does not seem to be common knowledge.’
- ‘He was adopted by his uncle and that's about the extent of his personal life that is common knowledge.’
- ‘When she was given bail, her family expressed concern that if her bail address became common knowledge she could be attacked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.