One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something known by most people.
- ‘Contrary to common knowledge Bruce is actually a very nice and accommodating rock star!’
- ‘Shortly after the incident became common knowledge at the program, she ran away.’
- ‘It was common knowledge among the staff that Emma had an insane crush on Ben.’
- ‘Broccoli and almonds are chock full of calcium, but this does not seem to be common knowledge.’
- ‘These facts are common knowledge among Canadians from coast to coast to coast.’
- ‘He was adopted by his uncle and that's about the extent of his personal life that is common knowledge.’
- ‘It's not the place of this blog to reveal aspects about the lives of current, former or old friends that they may not wish to be common knowledge.’
- ‘This is hardly a revelation - his name is on the House of Commons website and his job common knowledge.’
- ‘This would create the impression that the lie was in fact common knowledge across the state.’
- ‘When she was given bail, her family expressed concern that if her bail address became common knowledge she could be attacked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.