One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fraction expressed by a numerator and a denominator, not decimally.
- ‘In 1802, he wrote a paper on the approximation of decimal fractions by common fractions.’
- ‘To change a common fraction into a decimal, one must divide the numerator by the denominator.’
- ‘Express your answer as a common fraction.’
- ‘Only common fractions and percentages were used to facilitate student understanding and encourage estimation.’
- ‘Any decimal may be reduced to a common fraction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.