Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fraction expressed by a numerator and a denominator, not decimally.
- ‘Any decimal may be reduced to a common fraction.’
- ‘To change a common fraction into a decimal, one must divide the numerator by the denominator.’
- ‘Only common fractions and percentages were used to facilitate student understanding and encourage estimation.’
- ‘Express your answer as a common fraction.’
- ‘In 1802, he wrote a paper on the approximation of decimal fractions by common fractions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.