One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) a female local political party leader.
- ‘A local Republican committeewoman who came to support Habay, blamed disgruntled employees.’
- ‘She remains the National Committee Woman for the Arkansas Young Republicans.’
- ‘Like a good committeewoman, she seems to have a gift for avoiding the personalised games around status and dominance that distract so many people of power, and for keeping her mind focused on real problems and possible solutions.’
- ‘Here is a "prominent Pennsylvania Democrat" committee woman who just defected from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party.’
- ‘Party leaders recruited a Democratic committeewoman running for City Council to challenge him.’
- ‘In fact, I had only just met Shaffer, 83, a lively former Washington County Democrat committeewoman.’
- ‘Hansberry's mother, Nannie Perry, a schoolteacher and, later, ward committeewoman, was from Tennessee.’
- ‘The battle continues between the leader of the Democratic 1st Ward in South Philly, and the former committeewoman who defected to the Republicans in 2011 to be their nominee for mayor.’
- ‘The former committeewoman turned the position into a job as a national conservative pundit.’
- ‘She served on the Clifton Heights Borough Council, representing the Fourth Ward for multiple terms; as a committeewoman on the zoning board; as chairperson of the recreation committee; and on the borough's finance committee.’
- ‘Brister, who has served as a national committeewoman to the National Republican Committee for four years, succeeds Baton Rouge state Rep.’
- ‘In addition to teaching at Washington School, she became a Republican precinct committeewoman at age 20, when the legal voting age was 21.’
- ‘If Kansas City is selected for an official site visit, the site-selection committee - led by the Republican National Committeewoman for Utah - will visit the region in late May or early June.’
- ‘She never wanted to be a state committeewoman, and then they elected her district leader, and she didn't want that either.’
- ‘‘There were some really strong, key families here once,’ says committeewoman Vanessa Brown, 38.’
- ‘The National Committeewoman from Delaware, was the chief sponsor and author of the resolution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.