Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the US) a female local political party leader.
- ‘Brister, who has served as a national committeewoman to the National Republican Committee for four years, succeeds Baton Rouge state Rep.’
- ‘Hansberry's mother, Nannie Perry, a schoolteacher and, later, ward committeewoman, was from Tennessee.’
- ‘‘There were some really strong, key families here once,’ says committeewoman Vanessa Brown, 38.’
- ‘A local Republican committeewoman who came to support Habay, blamed disgruntled employees.’
- ‘In fact, I had only just met Shaffer, 83, a lively former Washington County Democrat committeewoman.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.