One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) a local political party leader.
- ‘He also is a precinct committeeman with close ties to the community's Democratic Party leaders.’
- ‘That's when he was a Republican Party committeeman, serving two terms.’
- ‘The town's chief of police and Democratic central committeeman, winced when he saw the picture.’
- ‘He did push his ward committeemen to get good vote returns, but I am virtually certain he never even hinted at doing that illegally.’
- ‘‘He wanted me there ‘in Uniontown, said Vicites, a Democrat state committeeman.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.