One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is a professor and the former commissarial director of the Institute for Pharmaceutical Chemistry.’
- ‘In 1944, by a decree of the Ministry of the Industry and of the Commerce of that time, the Institute was placed under a commissarial administration.’
- ‘When I learned of the event it was through the governor, whom I had appointed, who reported having relieved the captain from command of commissarial office.’
- ‘His early writings distinguish between commissarial and sovereign dictatorship: the first is grounded in the existing legal order and is designed to preserve the constitutional norm; the second destroys it.’
- ‘The editorial office hires the following international professors as our commissarial editors by the ratification of our university.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.