One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My lack of comprehension, and the fact that I wasn't wearing a wedding ring - something she acknowledged with a pointed finger and commiserative sigh - seemed to confirm her suspicions.’
- ‘Without labeling myself as ‘mentally ill’ the response I often get is compassionate and commiserative.’
- ‘I had a latte - oh, blessed lattes - and relaxed under the commiserative gazes of a family with an adolescent son at the next table.’
- ‘And yet this sad figure is held up as a beacon of commiserative hope for women?’
- ‘A few other letters to Mary and Elizabeth are commiserative on the deaths of Eleanor Gates Boyd and on Henry Queen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.