One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of reducing a material, an ore, to minute particles or fragments.
- ‘It is likely that this is a result of their being much more resistant to abrasion and comminution in moderately coarse-grained, higher-energy environments.’
- ‘Surgical intervention is recommended for fractures that have large fragments, significant displacement, or comminution.’
- ‘While chipping at the landing is still the principal means of comminution, bundling is growing rapidly and could easily overtake roadside chipping within a few years.’
- ‘Preliminary treatment includes such operations as flow equalization, screening, comminution, grease removal, flow measurement, and grit removal.’
- ‘The majority of magnesium powder is produced by mechanical comminution, typically with a milling cutter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.