One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
left-winger, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistView synonyms
- ‘It's now 13 years since the Commies got booted out, and free enterprise is booming.’
- ‘‘Only Commies used words like peace and freedom,’ he later recalled.’
- ‘If you were barmy enough to believe that the Commies really would infiltrate the corridors of power through brain-washing, then you were barmy enough to believe anything.’
- ‘And I'd hate to think the Commies were ever ‘winning’.’
- ‘I don't support censorship or rooting out the Commies, but I do think it means that mainstream organizers and people of conscience have to take a more active leadership role.’
left-wing, fabian, syndicalist, utopian socialistView synonyms
- ‘Why are you going to show us that Commie movie?’
- ‘The ruthless Commie officers have to shoot their own soldiers, because they're running away from the Germans.’
- ‘The four Cubans were declared the advance guard of the 1952 Commie contingent.’
- ‘For fifty years, Poland was under Nazi, then Stalinist, then various other forms of Commie domination.’
- ‘Number one is Cuba, the perfect destination if you love those ‘faded Commie icons,‘as the magazine put it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.