One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It will undertake the responsibility of commandership in the region in April.’
- ‘He liked you enough to reward your services to the medical profession, as you had been in the trade for some time, with a commandership of the British empire.’
- ‘For example, it was said of W. H. Gibson on one occasion that if he wanted the commandership for a coming encampment, it was ‘goodbye’ for the rest of the candidates.’
- ‘During his commandership the relations between the Albanian Authorities and NATO headquarters have been excellent ones, especially in the military domain.’
- ‘Apart from holding several senior staff appointments and commanderships, he was Chief of the Defence Staff and the Principal Military Advisor to two prime ministers and three Secretaries of State for Defence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.