One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer programming language composed chiefly of a set of commands or operators, used especially for communicating with the operating system of a computer.
- ‘It is an embeddable, extensible command language for issuing commands to text editors, debuggers, illustrators and shells.’
- ‘You don't want to learn yet another command language or obscure configuration-file format.’
- ‘Even when the number of different devices grows large, it is necessary for the command language to have a uniform design so that it is easy to learn and extends cleanly.’
- ‘As a consequence, in the interpretation of command languages, the user is given control over the context in which the names are executed.’
- ‘It supports its own format-free command language described in detail in the Command Summary document.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.