One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A public restroom for travelers or campers.
lavatory, wc, water closet, convenience, public convenience, facilities, urinal, privy, latrine, outhouse, earth closet, jakesView synonyms
- ‘In the middle of the night, the last thing I wanted to do was hike out to the comfort station.’
- ‘There is only one public comfort station for the thousands of worshippers and unhygienic practices are common during the peak season.’
- ‘So, you gonna bring me to the comfort station?’
- ‘Two extensions of the lawn are partially camouflaged by shrubs: one section contains the trampoline, while the other, concealed by a small island of perennials and shrubs, serves as the dog's comfort station.’
- ‘The vast majority of tourists enjoyed Shenandoah National Park through the Skyline Drive, campgrounds, comfort stations, scenic vistas, and open grasslands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.