Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A public restroom for travelers or campers.
lavatory, wc, water closet, facilities, urinal, privy, latrine, outhouse, earth closet, jakesView synonyms
- ‘So, you gonna bring me to the comfort station?’
- ‘There is only one public comfort station for the thousands of worshippers and unhygienic practices are common during the peak season.’
- ‘The vast majority of tourists enjoyed Shenandoah National Park through the Skyline Drive, campgrounds, comfort stations, scenic vistas, and open grasslands.’
- ‘In the middle of the night, the last thing I wanted to do was hike out to the comfort station.’
- ‘Two extensions of the lawn are partially camouflaged by shrubs: one section contains the trampoline, while the other, concealed by a small island of perennials and shrubs, serves as the dog's comfort station.’
comfort station/ˈkəmfərt ˈstāSHən/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.