One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A public restroom for travelers or campers.
lavatory, wc, water closet, convenience, public convenience, facilities, urinal, privy, latrine, outhouse, earth closet, jakesView synonyms
- ‘The vast majority of tourists enjoyed Shenandoah National Park through the Skyline Drive, campgrounds, comfort stations, scenic vistas, and open grasslands.’
- ‘There is only one public comfort station for the thousands of worshippers and unhygienic practices are common during the peak season.’
- ‘So, you gonna bring me to the comfort station?’
- ‘In the middle of the night, the last thing I wanted to do was hike out to the comfort station.’
- ‘Two extensions of the lawn are partially camouflaged by shrubs: one section contains the trampoline, while the other, concealed by a small island of perennials and shrubs, serves as the dog's comfort station.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.