One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tending to cause blackheads by blocking the pores of the skin.
- ‘Many shampoos have comedogenic ingredients.’
- ‘Grades 1 to 2 are considered non-to mildly comedogenic and grades 3 to 5 are considered significantly comedogenic.’
- ‘Acne of infancy occurs in infants between three months and two years of age and there is usually a positive family history; consider comedogenic agents, virilization, and candidiasis.’
- ‘A rating from 0-5 is then determined for both the comedogenic and irritation value of each ingredient.’
- ‘For example, creams that contain lanolin - a wax derivative of sheep's wool - can cause allergic reactions and are comedogenic (tending to aggravate or cause acne).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.