One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of comedy; comic.‘the man is a comedic genius’‘with perfect comedic timing, he delivers the punch line’
- ‘Some celebrities known for their comedic, dramatic, or vocal talents are also accomplished visual artists who use their pieces to support various causes.’
- ‘In the comedic half, she is the neighbor of an underemployed actor, who soon becomes fixated on her.’
- ‘This movie doesn't bother to offer an original comedic thought, or pursue a different take on collegiate life or the onset of midlife crisis.’
- ‘He exploited the weaknesses of others for comedic effect.’
- ‘He explores in his art the dynamics of decay without ignoring the comedic ironies of living.’
- ‘She has the comedic timing of my eight-dollar Rolex.’
- ‘I've always been much more engaged by him in a comedic rather than dramatic role.’
- ‘A scene ripe with comedic possibilities is then cruelly squandered.’
- ‘It's an old tradition for comedic actors to appear in big, dramatic movies in order to be taken seriously.’
- ‘Many comedic moments feel directed, not spontaneous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.