One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act to help someone.
- ‘If a bus driver had not come to my assistance, it could have been worse.’
- ‘She kept his head above water and shouted for someone to come to her assistance.’
- ‘After so long, it is really encouraging to see so many people coming to my assistance.’
- ‘However, several sponsors came to their assistance.’
- ‘Thank you, I hope you understand our predicament and come to our assistance.’
- ‘Passing gardaí spotted the duo in distress and stopped the squad car to come to their assistance.’
- ‘My friends told me that firefighters would only come to your assistance after a price is negotiated.’
- ‘We are desperate for someone in authority to come to our assistance.’
- ‘She said the ride was stopped but no one came to their assistance.’
- ‘They have contacted many business people in the meantime, which they hope will come to their assistance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.