One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act to help someone.
- ‘However, several sponsors came to their assistance.’
- ‘She said the ride was stopped but no one came to their assistance.’
- ‘After so long, it is really encouraging to see so many people coming to my assistance.’
- ‘Thank you, I hope you understand our predicament and come to our assistance.’
- ‘Passing gardaí spotted the duo in distress and stopped the squad car to come to their assistance.’
- ‘They have contacted many business people in the meantime, which they hope will come to their assistance.’
- ‘If a bus driver had not come to my assistance, it could have been worse.’
- ‘We are desperate for someone in authority to come to our assistance.’
- ‘She kept his head above water and shouted for someone to come to her assistance.’
- ‘My friends told me that firefighters would only come to your assistance after a price is negotiated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.