One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be eager to do what someone wants.‘he had only to snap his fingers, and she would come running’
- ‘I don't know how you do it, but whenever you crook your little finger, we all come running.’
- ‘They can't simply choose which dictators they want toppled and expect us to come running each time.’
- ‘It drove her mad that I didn't come running when she snapped her fingers.’
- ‘Bobby Orr was single then, and all he had to do was crook his finger and the girls would come running.’
- ‘But what will happen if she snaps her fingers, and they do not come running?’
- ‘Every once in a while he has flings but when Michelle crooks her finger he comes running.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.