One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be eager to do what someone wants.‘he had only to snap his fingers, and she would come running’
- ‘Every once in a while he has flings but when Michelle crooks her finger he comes running.’
- ‘It drove her mad that I didn't come running when she snapped her fingers.’
- ‘I don't know how you do it, but whenever you crook your little finger, we all come running.’
- ‘Bobby Orr was single then, and all he had to do was crook his finger and the girls would come running.’
- ‘They can't simply choose which dictators they want toppled and expect us to come running each time.’
- ‘But what will happen if she snaps her fingers, and they do not come running?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.