One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Happen or become available to one.‘he did whatever jobs came his way’
- ‘We will have to deal with whatever comes our way.’
- ‘I think he is guilty, as the pictures show, of throwing more than one punch and he has to accept whatever punishment comes his way.’
- ‘We are given pain relief in our society for whatever ailment comes our way.’
- ‘Only once you're in and established does it get easier as jobs start coming your way.’
- ‘He can give you hope and the strength to endure whatever hard times come your way.’
- ‘I want to be in a position to withstand whatever challenge might come my way.’
- ‘Then, you can get through whatever comes your way, whatever happens.’
- ‘I think it is important to grab whatever work is coming my way.’
- ‘They should be really well prepared for whatever comes their way after I leave.’
- ‘We accept any job that comes our way not realising how efficient we are at it.’
- ‘What I want for my children is for them to be resilient, to be able to cope with whatever comes their way.’
- ‘I appreciate this might be against the rules of blogging and am prepared to take whatever punishment comes my way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.