One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make sexual advances toward.
court, woo, pursue, run after, seek the company of, make advances to, make up to, flirt with, romanceView synonyms
- ‘She basically said he was coming on to her when he knew she was my girl.’
- ‘They read poetry and talked until four in the morning, but she didn't think he was interested, because he wasn't coming on to her.’
- ‘On top of that, she showed up at my house drunk and came on to me in front of my parents.’
- ‘They really came on to me, with intense bedroom eyes and all that kind of stuff.’
- ‘One woman did come on to me when I was 19 or 21, when I was at the end of drama school.’
- ‘There is a lady at work who is constantly coming on to me.’
- ‘The three of us worked together and I was worried that I wouldn't survive working with him because it would hurt too much to see him come on to her.’
- ‘Even more, I don't want to come on to her and end up making work a difficult place for her to be.’
- ‘He came on to me, and before I knew what was happening, we were in the sack.’
- ‘‘She seems to always be coming on to me, and it's really starting to get awkward,’ he said as he sat down on the counter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.