One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many technology experts predict that coal gasifiers - rather than traditional coal combustors - will form the core of advanced, 21st century, super-clean power plants.’
- ‘For example, municipal waste combustors are estimated to have emitted collectively nearly 18 pounds of dioxin toxic equivalents in 1987, but under EPA regulations, they are now expected to emit less than 1/2 ounce per year.’
- ‘Eighty-seven percent of the mercury going out into the atmosphere is coming from utility boilers, waste combustors, coal-fired power plants, cement plants and medical incinerators.’
- ‘The combustor is a conventional one, with a reverse-flow design.’
- ‘Hey, wait a second, why didn't you bring the combustor?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.