One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We believed the fireballs were a result of the carbon particles, oil, and combustive gases causing explosions in the exhaust cans, and the explosions created back pressure, resulting in hung stalls.’
- ‘As spats go it was a fairly combustive one, and one which could have had a bloody conclusion when the veteran gunslinger and the new kid on the block met for their showdown in the Gleneagles Hotel dining room.’
- ‘The combustive combination produces thousands of pounds of thrust, although the exact amount remains secret.’
- ‘In the title role, she was pure combustive passion.’
- ‘He made messy gestural models that advanced notions of formal and spatial complexity, all rendered with a rawness that was combustive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.