One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We believed the fireballs were a result of the carbon particles, oil, and combustive gases causing explosions in the exhaust cans, and the explosions created back pressure, resulting in hung stalls.’
- ‘He made messy gestural models that advanced notions of formal and spatial complexity, all rendered with a rawness that was combustive.’
- ‘In the title role, she was pure combustive passion.’
- ‘The combustive combination produces thousands of pounds of thrust, although the exact amount remains secret.’
- ‘As spats go it was a fairly combustive one, and one which could have had a bloody conclusion when the veteran gunslinger and the new kid on the block met for their showdown in the Gleneagles Hotel dining room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.