Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An optical disk drive that can read and record CDs and can also read DVDs.
- ‘Part of the problem is a perception by some vendors that adding a DVD read function is enough to make a combo drive competitive with a stand alone CD-RW drive.’
- ‘On the right you'll find a DVD / CD-RW combo drive, giving you the ability to back up data.’
- ‘In the end, that just cost too much, so we opted for a very inexpensive combo drive that can read DVDs but only write CD-R and CD-RW.’
- ‘All that we need to add is a processor, memory, a harddrive and a cdrom, cdrw or dvd/dvd-cdrw combo drive, and if needed, a floppy drive.’
- ‘The notebooks contains a DVD / CD-RW combo drive, with CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives offered as alternatives.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.