One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An electronic device that couples different frequencies to a single antenna.
- ‘The return loss bridge can also be used as a signal combiner to combine two inputs to a single output.’
- ‘In each of the adaptive notch filters, the beam outputs are split into two paths and in one path are applied directly to a signal combiner.’
- ‘A device functions as a polarization beam combiner and an isolator.’
- ‘By using transmitter combiners, multicouplers and duplexers, a single broadband antenna can be shared among several users.’
- ‘We supply the antennas, amplifiers, splitters, filters, combiners, and reradiating kits that you need to design the correct system for your individual needs.’
- 1.1 An electrical transformer comprising several smaller ones.
- 1.2 A component of a cipher that combines two data sources to encrypt text.
An operator of a combine harvester.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.