One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treatment in which a patient is given two or more drugs (or other therapeutic agents) for a single disease.
- ‘In addition, patients taking combination therapy tended to have more aborted lesions compared with those receiving antiviral medication alone.’
- ‘Although this study did not address the efficacy of single compared with combination antibiotic therapy it has been cited in influential articles that advocate combination therapy.’
- ‘They conducted this study to compare the efficacy of single versus combination therapy in the treatment of head lice.’
- ‘Although combination therapy has some therapeutic advantage, the efficacy of these agents in steroid-dependent patients is unclear.’
- ‘Discontinuations and reductions in therapy were significantly more common in the patients who received combination therapy.’
- ‘If adequate control is not obtained with the use of a single agent, combination therapy is an option.’
- ‘This combination therapy is called highly active anti-retrovirus treatment.’
- ‘It also wants every family at risk of malaria to have immediate access to cheap and effective antimalarial combination therapy, and every pregnant woman in high risk areas to receive drug treatment.’
- ‘A number of interventions exists for weight loss including diet, exercise, behavioural therapy, drug therapy, surgery and combination therapy.’
- ‘Unfortunately, such benefits are usually short lived, and even with combination therapy, time until relapse is usually brief.’
- ‘The patients taking combination therapy scored better on the anxiety and panic disorder scales used during the study.’
- ‘In patients who are not responding at one half the maximum dose, an alternative agent or combination therapy should be considered.’
- ‘Even with combination therapy, survival of patients with established respiratory failure at the time of diagnosis remains uncommon.’
- ‘Recent studies, however, have questioned the effectiveness of this combination therapy in treating heart disease.’
- ‘It is remarkable that the survival advantage associated with combination therapy was only observed in the subgroup of critically ill patients.’
- ‘If combination therapy fails to relieve symptoms, invasive approaches to treatment should be considered.’
- ‘This design simply assesses whether combination therapy is better than monotherapy with inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Ongoing studies are examining the role of combination therapy that includes radiation and systemic chemotherapy.’
- ‘And 100% of the patients who took it in combination therapy saw no added benefit.’
- ‘Whether you are currently taking combination therapy or other drugs, it is still vital to check your diet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.