One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is followed by a narrative poem which combatively asserts the central role played by women (Eve, the Virgin Mary, Pilate's wife, the daughters of Jerusalem) in the Christian tradition.’
- ‘It also ensures that inveterate political opponents have a reliable forum in which they can engage safely and combatively with each other.’
- ‘Interestingly, the first season puts a strong focus on the relationship between father Howard and son Ritchie, the two working cooperatively and sometimes combatively through the ups and downs of teenage life.’
- ‘The film is modestly and precisely made, but combatively, with genuine and not contrived feeling.’
- ‘He responded combatively in classical Hebrew, a language alien to the church.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.