One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Boots of a type worn by soldiers in combat, typically black with laces and thick rubber soles.
- ‘If the Army won't buy a better combat boot, then perhaps the Marine Corps will.’
- ‘Lifting up his big combat boot he stomped it in to the ground.’
- ‘She placed a heavy combat boot on the stair testing the weight.’
- ‘He has a combat boot on one foot and a flip-flop on the other.’
- ‘He gave me a sad smile, dug the heel of his combat boot into the rubbery ground and spun in the opposite direction, striding down the hallway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.