One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- chiefly British term for Himalayan
- ‘Mitted cats, which can be blue, chocolate, lilac or seal, are colorpoint cats with a broken or evenly matched white blaze on the nose and/or between the eyes.’
- ‘This process was accelerated, one suspects, by the introduction of colorpoint longhairs to Birman breeding programs.’
- ‘Another Siamese-related breed, the colorpoint shorthair, was also gaining recognition throughout the late '60s and early '70s.’
- ‘Subsequently, they were asked to write a breed standard for the Himalayan, a name the colorpoint longhair had acquired somewhere in transition between England and Canada.’
- ‘These outcrosses were chosen to produce as many colors and patterns as possible, including the colorpoint pattern of the Siamese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.