One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prejudice or discrimination against individuals with a dark skin tone, typically among people of the same ethnic or racial group.‘colorism within the black community has been a serious emotional and psychological battle’
- ‘This colorism is prevalent within the Creole community.’
- ‘Colorism is a significant arbiter of intraracial class division.’
- ‘Colorism is a component of racism.’
- ‘This article looks at the roots of colourism and how it has impacted the interaction of dark-skinned women with light-skinned women.’
- ‘Personal relationships fractured by colorism are emblematic of the distorted relations that prevail in societies governed by racialized ideologies.’
- ‘Colorism as distinct from racism has been the hallmark of the film medium at least since the early 1900s.’
- ‘Cole was asked about colorism and how it affects rap.’
- ‘Intracommunity differences, such as colorism and class elitism, can be overcome.’
- ‘Thus whiteness distances Lynda from colorism and racism but also from her family and culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.